GRObio has a distinguished scientific and business team – world-renowned pioneers with decades-long careers dedicated to genome engineering, computational biology, and therapeutic development
- Our science emerged from some of the most distinguished labs in the world. Our founders developed our platform technologies in the labs of George Church at Harvard Medical School and Andrew Ellington at University of Texas, Austin, pioneers of synthetic biology.
- We are supported by top-tier investors that have a proven track record of success in developing biotechnology platforms, commercializing novel therapies, and driving exponential growth in value. Our business team has closed over $2B in transactions.
- We have highly engaged, world-class advisors for specific disease indications that have led commercialization of blockbuster drugs, and have held top-level positions in academia and industry. Our Commercialization Advisory Board has decades of experience in drug discovery, clinical development and partnership transactions.
- We think broadly and creatively about how best to bring our technology to bear on the most pressing problems in healthcare—more freedom from treatment regimens, fewer side effects for patients, more living and less worry.
- We are passionate, innovative and fearless, and we believe we’re building something revolutionary with near limitless possibilities to improve health outcomes for patients.
Our technology addresses previously unsolvable problems in medicine, from immunogenicity to delivery and safety. Our potential to improve patients’ lives is limited only by our imaginations.
Daniel J. Mandell, PhD
Chief Executive Officer
GRObio is breaking barriers in protein engineering and therapeutic design. With our GRO platform we can deliver therapeutics with unprecedented capabilities in areas where others didn’t dare to go.
Christopher J. Gregg, PhD
Chief Science Officer
Leaps by Bayer is committed to advancing paradigm-shifting breakthroughs to permanently reverse autoimmune disease. Partnering with GRObio is an outstanding example of fulfilling this mandate. GRObio combines world-class science with pioneering approaches to protein engineering to create tomorrow’s therapies or even cures.
Jürgen Eckhardt, MD, MBA
Heads of Leaps by Bayer
- Executive Team
- Board of Directors
- Scientific Advisory Board
- Commercialization Advisors
- Clinical Translation Advisors
We pursue partnerships to keep core value in the company while advancing our internal and external programs. We welcome partnering opportunities to extend our platform and to access novel application spaces.
- We focus on partnering to develop NSAA therapeutics that address currently unsolvable problems in healthcare
- We also engage in platform-level collaborations that leverage our biofoundry, GRO platform, and NSAA engineering technologies to advance partners’ programs
- Our strategic partnerships build alliances, bolster the company’s financial position, and advance patient care while increasing our capacity to focus on additional areas of great clinical need